Terms and Conditions
This website (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Lien Foundation (“LF”). Your access to and use of the Site is subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and the applicable law.
- By accessing and continuing to access the Site, you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms, please do not continue to access or use the Site.
- LF reserves the right at its sole discretion, and without prior notice, to remove or otherwise stop providing access to the Site either permanently or temporarily. LF further reserves the right to modify the Terms from time to time at its sole discretion and without prior notice. Modification to the Terms will be posted on the Site and you hereby agree that continued use of the Site after any modification to the Terms shall constitute your agreement to be bound by the modified Terms.
- The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use and information. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from this Site. As a condition of your access to and use of the Site, you hereby represent and warrant that (i) you shall comply with all applicable laws in connection with your access to and use of the Site and (ii) you shall not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the Terms.
- Information, if any, supplied through the Site or by any LF employee, agent or representative, whether by telephone, facsimile, electronic mail or other form of communication, is for general informational purposes only, and does not constitute any form of legal, medical or other professional advice.
- LF reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Site to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Site, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
- The contents of the Site, unless otherwise apparent, are created and owned by LF, and are protected by trade mark, copyright and other forms of intellectual property rights.
- All rights in the trade marks, trade names, company names and logos, product names, logos and designs of all LF or third party products and/or services, belong exclusively to LF or their respective owners, and are protected from reproduction or any form of unauthorised use under national and international trademark and copyright laws. The use and display of trade marks or any materials on the Site is not intended to, and should not be construed as amounting to, a grant of a licence, right or permission to use any of the trade marks or materials.
- All copyright in the contents provided on the Site, including but not limited to the text, images and graphics therein, are owned by LF or its third party licensors, to the full extent provided under national and international copyright laws. Save that LF hereby grants you a revocable limited licence to reproduce contents from the Site for the sole purpose of accessing and viewing the contents of the Site at a single computer for personal and non-commercial use, any reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes of any of the contents of the Site without the prior written consent of LF is strictly prohibited.
3. Disclaimer of Warranties
The information and contents in the Site including all hyperlinks are provided on an “As Is” basis without any warranty or representation of any kind whatsoever. To the fullest extent permitted by law, LF does not warrant and hereby disclaims any warranty, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise:
- as to the correctness, accuracy, reliability, timeliness, quality, non-infringement, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purposes, completeness of the information and content provided in the Site and of all or any of the hyperlinks; and
- that access to the Site or any hyperlinks or any functions associated therewith shall be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this website and the server is or will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements.
4. Disclaimer of Liability
- In no event shall LF or its affiliates, or any party involved in creating or operating the Site, be liable to you or any third party for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with your access, failure to access, use or misuse of the Site and/or its contents or reliance on any of the contents, or in connection with any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in transmission, computer virus, or failure in respect of the Site.
- In cases where the applicable law in certain jurisdictions do not allow any or all of the exclusions or limitations as provided in the Terms herein, LF’s liability in such jurisdictions shall be limited to the extent permitted by law in those jurisdictions.
5. Links to other sites
This Site contains hyperlinks to web sites which are not maintained by LF. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference and convenience only. LF is not responsible for the contents of those web sites, have not developed or reviewed the content appearing in or on such linked sites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss whatsoever arising from access to those web sites. Unless otherwise expressly stated, links provided from the Site to any other third party sites shall not be taken to amount to a representation that such other third party sites are affiliated to or otherwise associated with LF.
A hyperlink does not and should not be deemed to imply that LF in any way endorses or supports the content, operator or owner of such linked sites. You understand that the linked sites may contain illegal or objectionable content or dangerous viruses or other disabling or harmful components. If you decide to access any third party sites linked from our Site, you do so at your sole and exclusive risk.
6. Information about you and your visits to the Site
7. Acceptable use policy
As a condition of your use of this Site, you warrant that you will not use this Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
LF may from time to time provide interactive services on the Site, including, without limitation “Bucket List”, “Last Playlist”, “Say It”, blogs, chat rooms, bulletin boards, discussion forums and/or other message or communication facilities (collectively “Forums”).
You agree to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forums. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Forums, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information;
- Publish, post or upload any sexually explicit material or anymaterials which Promote violence, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity including, but not limited to LF;
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit anything that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit anything that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose;
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters;
- Download any file posted by another user of the Forums that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals or promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse; or
- Collecting or storing personal data about other users.
LF has no obligation to monitor or moderate the Forums. However, LF shall if thought fit at LF’s absolute discretion, have the right to unilaterally remove any material or posting you make on the Site. LF reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, at LF’s sole discretion.
LF does not control the contents or materials posted via the Forums and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such content.
LF does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Forum and, therefore, LF specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Forum and any views expressed in any Forum or any actions resulting from your participation in any Forum. Invited experts or commentators or participants in the Forum are not authorised LF spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of LF.
You agree to indemnify and hold LF, and its affiliates, officers, agents or employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of materials posted by you, your use of the Forum, your violation of the Terms of Service, or your violation of any rights of another.
LF believes that privacy is an important right of those who choose to use the Site. In using the Site however, you acknowledge that you are aware and agree to the following:
- LF may from time to time provide interactive services on the Site, including, without limitation “Bucket List”, “Last Playlist”, “Say It”, the Forums, which are by their nature intended to be shared and open for all to see. In using and posting on the same, you agree for all the materials posted by you to be open for viewing by all who access the Site;
- LF may collect information (including but not limited to your email addresses, the internet protocol address [commonly referred to as “IP address”] of the computer from which you access the Site, browser type, domain name, etc) from visitors to the Site. This information may be used:
- to send news, information about activities and general promotional material which LF believes may be useful to you;
- to monitor who is accessing the Site or using services offered on the Site;
- to profile people accessing the Site and to obtain statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, and not to identify any individual; and
- For the same reason, LF may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help to monitor traffic patterns and to improve the Site. A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. If you reject a cookie, some of the parts or features of the Site may not function properly.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.